The boys and I went with our friends to the botanical gardens today. I love it there. I noted to Casey how much I loved the smell of all the plants in the atrium. So clean. So pure. So moist. It reminded me of one of my favorite decorating tips: house plants. I have a house plant in every room in our house. I have had a house plant ever since my first day as a freshman at UGA in Russell Hall.
House plants are a must for several reasons:
- They are easy to care for, hard to kill. Most house plants take in little water, like succulents and philodendrons
- They add life and color to rooms at a low cost
- They remove pollutants from the air, even harmful chemicals and VOCs
- They can multitask, i.e. aloe for burns
- They are GREAT for those of us who are not outside plant people. (I envy those with beautiful yards. It’s one of my long-term goals, but sadly, we are poor yard folks. House cleaning barter anyone??)